Director of Business Development
REGENT is building the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers within 5 years.
We are actively hiring passionate team members who can help us get our vehicle, the seaglider, to market as quickly and safely as possible. We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Palantir, Boom Supersonic, and more. We have nearly half a billion dollars in provisional orders from some of the industry’s largest operators, and are ready to hit the ground running.
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our small team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from aerospace and nautical engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
We’re looking for a creative, talented, and energized Director of Business Development to support our global headquarters in Boston, MA. This individual will be responsible for all commercial aspects of our business, which will initially include marketing, but move to focusing on deal structuring and closing as we grow out our marketing team.
Reporting the CEO, this individual will be responsible for all business development and marketing at the company. The role will require you to work closely with company management and engineering teams to craft and execute the go to market plan while simultaneously managing a team of consultants to build the supporting pillars of the marketing departments.
The role spans four primary focus areas:
- Commercial Business Development. Lead engagements with REGENT commercial customers spanning airlines, ferry operators, offshore energy companies, and logistics companies. Manage execution of market studies and competitor analysis. Craft creative deal structure, build and execute term sheets and commercial agreements with partners.
- Government Business Development. Identify sources of nondilutive capital for clean transportation R&D and infrastructure. Manage consultants, and when necessary, personally contribute, to the authoring of grants and proposals, including value proposition analysis on emissions reduction, time saving, cost saving, etc.
- Defense Business Development. Lead engagement with US DoD and international MoD’s for defense-oriented applications. Determine mission sets, identify funding opportunities, navigate military solicitation/application process, manage ecosystem consultants (grantwriters and lobbyists).
- Marketing and branding. Until a full marketing department is formed, the Director of Business Development must build the core pillars of the marketing department and manage a team to create effective positioning and messaging that drives awareness of REGENT and commercial interest in seagliders. Oversee team of consultants to develop product collateral, website content, social media, advertising messaging, sales collateral, case studies, executive industry-focused presentations. Deploy targeted advertising to influence key VIPs. Manage media creators (photographers/videographers) for testing campaigns.
- Set customer profiles, personas, along with all of the key-value drivers for each market segment
- Prioritize existing opportunities and own responsibility for crafting and closing of commercial and government deals.
- Manage business development through phases of BD funnel
- As a core member of the leadership team, own the strategy and planning efforts that drive the product roadmap while focusing on increasing awareness for the brand.
- Drive customer demand across the four focus areas: Marketing/branding, commercial, government, and defense.
- Plan and execute product launches and press releases
- Initially, own go-to-market planning and execution via development of channel and direct sales tools, employee training and enablement; pricing, marketing campaigns, and any event support.
- Initially, own product messaging including the creation of product collateral, website content, advertising messaging, sales collateral, case studies, and executive industry-focused presentations
- Manage subcontractors including marketing firms, lobbyists, artists, developers, and other consultants. Perform make-buy analyses for marketing and sales material.
- BA/BS in business, marketing, or related fields; MBA is highly desired
- 10+ years of product marketing, solutions and sales enablement experience
- A seasoned operator with a proven track record of successfully marketing B2B hardware businesses
- Experience working in aviation, space, automotive, or maritime industries
- Experience interfacing with engineering teams; personal engineering/technical expertise is highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Mastery of PowerPoint and Excel
- A long history of influencing and communicating product offers to customers, prospects, salespeople, industry analysts, and trade press
- Experience working with international teams and the ability to work cross-culturally and travel to internationally from time to time.
This position can be remote but monthly travel to Boston is to be expected. As COVID wanes, travel to visit customers (both domestic and international) will occur biweekly to monthly. You should have flexibility for relocation as the company grows.
This is a full time position. US citizen or work permit required
REGENT Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.